Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) governs your use of the Internet services provided by FIBERTOWN. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document, FIBERTOWN may suspend or terminate your account. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by FIBERTOWN. The use of FIBERTOWN services constitutes the understanding and acceptance of the Policy.
Prohibited Uses of FIBERTOWN Systems & Services
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email (“UBE”, “spam”). The sending of any form of UBE through FIBERTOWN servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on FIBERTOWN servers, is prohibited. FIBERTOWN accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
- Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user.
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction or any attempt thereof, of any information of any FIBERTOWN customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service to any other user, whether on the FIBERTOWN network or on another provider’s network.
- Using FIBERTOWN Services to interfere with the use of the FIBERTOWN network by other customers or authorized users.
- Using the Service to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Reselling the Service without FIBERTOWN’s authorization.
No technical support by telephone or email is provided to FIBERTOWN customers.
User Responsibility for User’s Users
Each FIBERTOWN user is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from FIBERTOWN, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of a FIBERTOWN customer will be forwarded to the FIBERTOWN customer’s postmaster for action. If violations of the FIBERTOWN Acceptable Use Policy occur, FIBERTOWN reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating FIBERTOWN’s AUP as FIBERTOWN deems appropriate, without notice.
Click to view a PDF copy of FIBERTOWN’s AUP.